In today’s tug of war for talent, it has become quite a chaotic environment for the recruiters. If you are a recruiter the present job market scenario can be quite a challenge for the recruiters and there is nothing a guide book that can solve all your problems instantly. You can be an organized recruiter with some of the most promising strategies, but sometimes you would require some help to guide you in the right direction. Here are four things that you must consider to become a flawless recruiter:
Know Whom You Are Hiring
This consideration is one of the most obvious ones, but this is a much difficult task to accomplish than just saying. It is important to get a suitable candidate for an opening right from the start because there are chances of employee turnover in the initial 45 days of employment. So in order to ensure that you are hiring the right person, as a recruiter you need to:
- Ensure that your job descriptions are very realistic and clear.
- Get knowledge of their future plans and goals, not just their current skills. You should hire someone who sees a future with you and is not just a quick stint.
- Focus on the desired soft skills of the prospective candidate such as leadership and management, nature, or emotional intelligence and their technical capabilities.
- Allow the candidate to ask their queries and be honest with your answers. If you want to accurately represent the job as well as assess their curiosity and attraction to the role.
Next, you should consider whether your company’s brand image is compelling enough to attract talent and retain them. Every job seeker wants to join organizations which essentially serve them as an alter ego of themselves like similar missions, vision, values, and goals for the future. In order to attract top talent, companies must have something more than just offering a competitive salary and employee perks and employee brand being one of them. In fact, according to some study it has been found that more than 75% of job seekers consider an employer’s brand before they can even fill out the job application form.
The career site of your company page especially functions as the showcase of your unique company culture and employers brand. Here are a few things that you must keep in mind while telling your company’s story through your career site:
- You must boost up your employment branding. The moment job seekers take a look at your company’s career site, understand your company identity, personality, and values must be crystal clear to them almost instantly. If there is not enough engagement about your brand fully incorporated into your career site, then there is a chance that the potential candidates might move somewhere else.
- Try to tell your company’s story visually. One of the most important things that your career site can complete is to provide a visualization of the company’s life, not just simply the work life at your company but the human side as well. Photos, illustrations, videos, and social media feeds can help you shape the story about the culture of your company, work atmosphere, and the varied opportunities that you can offer to your prospective clients.
In the United States, the unemployment rate fell to 3.7% in October 2018, according to the reports if the Bureau of Labor Statistics, a record that has been comparatively lowered since December 1969. The job market of the present era is a candidate-driven environment; where young job seekers especially prefer to be a part of only those company cultures where they will have ample scope of being acknowledged and required encouragement for growing.
An effective and continuous candidate recruiting strategy must encompass a new focus for the recruiters and hiring managers so that they can deeply engage with the prospective candidates in meaningful ways.
Following are the two primary requirements for continuous candidate engagement:
- You must support every stage of the candidate journey, from a successful onboarding session. Tiu should follow a single source of truth that would span the expanded recruiting process starting from the recruitment marketing to the hiring experience and even the new employee engagement process.
- Enables the facility of deep engagement with candidates at the right time with the right message that will support meaningful experience for every prospective candidate. This initiative creates a brand consistency at every situation of the candidate like the: career website, marketing campaigns, hiring, onboarding.
Applicant Tracking System
Make technology is your friend like with the help of an efficient ATS system in just a few clicks; you can have the competitive edge you will need to streamline your entire hiring process. By adopting technology as your aide you will gain the ability to:
- Automate repetitive tasks.
- Zero in on the best candidates.
- Attract more candidates by making the application process simple.
- Track every recruitment aspect you have with every candidate.
Rare talent of talented people often might not appear on the resumes and which is one of the biggest challenges of every hiring department. Recruitment software can automate many such screening functions like searching for unusual keywords and expand their searches by including social media tracking apart from integrating with third-party employment agencies. Using social media platforms, this software can look for behavioral patterns, and the kind of products and websites interested and potential job candidates can be found.
Still Not Successful…Remember These Tips
As a recruiter, you will face certain challenging situations when things will not work as you have imagined. Such scenarios you make you feel unlucky might due to losing a great candidate or due to budget cuts, or the lack of communication from a hiring manager. So always keep the following things in mind
Keep your efforts consistent and it will surely pay off. If you continue your efforts consistently to reach out to a candidate or a hiring manager via text, email, voicemail or even networking sites, the message will surely be heard. While things might not be according to you at that time, candidates will personify you as someone who cares about them due to your consistent efforts. This will pay off for you eventually in some time. Though it might not be immediate, but it will certainly pay off!
Next is patience and positivity there can be numerous scenarios like a candidate who went rogue, or negative interview feedback, or a drastic change in expectations about compensation. Whatever the case may be, always stay positive. Your message the prospective candidates will have more meaning and they will come off more professional and trusting than had you sent it immediately!